Monday, December 8, 2008

Sun and the moon



If in case you were wondering where the hell is moon...come close .. the white dot in the picture above is the moon.
This is the parking of our new apartment, and that is not my car.
I took these pictures, all in the span of one hour, today evening after Tea. 
Did I use my phone today? Yes I did, I called Advait. He is Five today. The actual plan was to go meet him after work, but I had a very bad head ache because of the cold blah blah blah.
I met him when he was Two, and I was new to america, bored,badly homesick,desperately in need of a friend.one day when I went out for a walk, there he was toddling holding his mother's hand. He was very shy then and did not speak in sentences. We became friends instantly. His mother and I became instantly best friends,(but that is another story, and she deserves a post completely dedicated to her).
 Today is about advait. We (me and advait) went for walks then on,the only word we both understood in common was 'car'. His mother says I am the first person he went out with such friendliness (of course I am the fairy )
He calls (used to call) me ashwini maushi, but somewhere along the line maushi has been dropped. He reads story books to me when I go to his place(mind you people he cant read, he just holds the book in his hand and makes up his own story based on the pictures) and its very compulsory that I give attention to how the story is unwinding. 
As he will grow.. he will lose interest in his ashwini maushi, but guess what I will keep bribing him with gifts and be his favoritest maushi . Happy Birthday Advait! 

3 comments:

Naveen said...

I didn't know you even write blogs... pretty nice pics.. now you have become a Professional Photographer......Hoping to see a blog dedicated to me as Advait.. he he he he....

Wishing your nirvana a long life...

Unknown said...

hmm this is what you are up to :) Love it. Giving importance to simple things in life. Great job :) You are gonna progress more and more and i will make sure ur grand children know all ur deeds :) Lovely pics! There should be also urs and Advait's pics (kissing each other ;))

Unknown said...

You are a very good writer .Keep it up .
you have that flair ..expressing yourself in right words esp the suttle experiences and feelings.
This is something very much more that just words or vocabulary.
excellent